jueves, marzo 22, 2007

Recap of the end of 2006



One my favorite events from the end of the year was the Saint Theresa of Los Andes Pilgrimage. 80,000 young people showed up to take part in the 28 kilometer walk through the Andes to arrive at the shrine of the Chilean Saint. There was so much positive energy and it threw me back to my days going to similar events with the Archdiocese of Baltimore.




For our final 'community day,' I planned a little horsebackriding outing for us in the Andes in November. We were able to use some of the money we had earned doing a translation project to spend the day on horse (or mule) back to trek to a lake hidden in the mountains. It was a great way to end of the year.





After months of rehersals and meetings, 'Que familia es mi familia' was a huge success. We had four performances in as many towns, drew big crowds, and provoked lots of laughs. This is a picture of me as 'Ruben' and my 'girlfriend' Blanca.







My housemate Maureen left in early December to return to the States. This is us in our house the night before she left.

No hay comentarios.: